Our aim is to continuously improve and offer the best care possible.
Accordingly, we would appreciate your input if you are not satisfied with staff interaction or care at Sophiahemmet. There are several ways to do this:
- Firstly, contact the personnel at the applicable clinic/healthcare provider and convey your comments. You may also write to the Unit Head at the applicable healthcare provider.
- You may also contact Sophiahemmet’s Chief Medical Officer, preferably by letter, but also by e-mail:
Address: Chief Medical Officer, Marie Wickman Chantereau, Sophiahemmet Sjukhus, Box 5605, SE-114 86 Stockholm.
- As a patient or relative, you may submit complaints about the care at Sophiahemmet to the Patient Advisory Board. This is a free-standing and impartial body that manages all types of matters in publicly-financed healthcare. Please note that if you have come to Sophiahemmet through private medical insurance, you should direct your complaint to your insurance company.
- If you or a relative have sustained an injury during your care or if you have experienced inadequate patient safety procedures, you may file a complaint to the Health and Social Care Inspectorate (IVO). IVO is responsible for investigating patient complaints, how the incident could have occurred and what should be done to prevent a recurrence of the incident.
- If you sustain an injury while you are under care within the public health or dental care system, you have the right to financial compensation in accordance with the Patient Injury Act. In this instance, you should contact the Swedish Patient Insurance Company, LÖF. If the medical care is financed privately or through private insurance, the matter will be evaluated by the physician’s own patient injury insurance and you should contact your healthcare provider directly.